We have a database of quality installers for our customersFind out more
Build the Ultimate Outdoor Living SpaceBack to All Posts
If you have any interest in home or business interior design, you’ve probably recognized an uptick in buzzwords like “outdoor living”, “outdoor living space”, and “outdoor rooms”. Why? Well, shrewd and forward-thinking homeowners, business owners, Interior Designers, Exterior Designers, Architects, and Landscape Architects have finally begun to fully distinguish and appreciate the massive added value of creating an outdoor living space. The reality is that maximizing your outdoor living space is something that everyone can get behind. In fact, the outdated idea that “inside design elements” must remain inside and “outside design elements” must remain outside is taking a backseat to the new idea that a unique, functional, and scenic aesthetic can be achieved in outdoor space. This innovative concept, paired with the growing desire to spend more time outdoors, has paved the way for an incredible shift in design trends today.
Outdoor space is really an open canvas for a masterpiece, especially when the location of your home or business meets a certain number of criteria. However, even outdoor areas seemingly small or unappealing looking have the potential to be transformed into stunning successes if dealt with correctly. Getting into the mindset to build the ultimate outdoor living space for you or your clients requires you to think about specific outdoor area objectives and creative ways to make the most of the space. As such, many people turn to experts like Architects, Landscape Architects Interior Designers, and Exterior Designers to spearhead the process. Regardless of how you personally plan to improve your home or business’s outdoor appearance and functionality, developing a plan and committing to its execution is essential.
Outdoor Living Space Tips and Tricks
From flooring to window treatments and from furniture to fabrics, the outdoor area must be treated with the same respect as the most important areas inside of your home or business. Utilizing this approach enables the doors to open to the same inviting, livable atmosphere that most try to achieve in their home or business. Looking for the patio area in your restaurant to seat more guests and become the most desired location within your commercial space? Attempting to shift the friends and family gathering spot from your kitchen to your backyard? These objectives are generally the first push to engage in the conversation we are having today.
Let’s think through some awesome tips and tricks to build your ultimate outdoor living space:
- Consider the outdoor kitchen. Remodeling your backyard or even restaurant space to include a grill, fridge, or even just a bar will immediately attract people outside.
- Think sustainability when it comes to the garden area. Choose things like drought-tolerant plants that can hold up in wet winters and dry summers. Low-maintenance is the name of the game here.
- Invest in a show stopping free standing retractable patio / deck pergola cover, like right now. Take that wide-open property and turn it into an outdoor oasis all while maximizing your space to add living comfort and property equity.
- Consider purchasing an outdoor fireplace or a standalone fire pit. Adding a source of fire will immediately turn your outdoor living area into a place to congregate.
- Get creative with the color and fabric of your outdoor furniture. Outdoor fabrics have come a long way in recent years, often both water-resistant and fade-resistant. As such, building a living space outside is now both comfortable and chic.
- Pay attention to your windows and doors to the patio area. Things like floor-to-ceiling windows, beveled sliding glass doors, and stylish French doors all pull your guests’ attention outside and serve as an invitation to explore the outdoors.
- Give some extra love to your landscape lighting concept. Strategically positioned lighting is all the rage in modern outdoor living space designs. Highlight the most beautiful shrubs and trees, showcase that beautiful walkway, and give the outside dining table a spark with carefully placed lighting fixtures.
- Connect the outdoor and indoor space in some way. Another tactic to get people outside is connecting a highly trafficked inside area to the outside. In doing so, people will feel the flow of the room and quickly find themselves enjoying the outside area.
Whether you are entertaining guests in your backyard or serving clients in your company’s patio area, building the ultimate outdoor living space requires creativity, dedication, and the ability to utilize space effectively. With the above tips and tricks, you and your clients can create a new way to achieve greatness in the great outdoors!
Outdoor Living for All
Are you or your clients prepared to transform your outdoor living space today? Contact our retractable awnings experts in the USA or Canada toll free at 866-438-2964 or outside the USA or Canada at (305) 628-2424 or use the live help chat tool for help in choosing a retractable patio awning that is right for you and your outdoor living area!