We have a database of quality installers for our customersFind out more
Innovate to Give Your Windows the Royal TreatmentBack to All Posts
Window treatments are often the forgotten stepchild of home décor and design. Whether you’re talking new construction or a home redesign, far too many homeowners, business owners, Interior Designers, Architects, and Landscape Architects develop a design plan without paying mind to the elusive window treatment. Ironically, when all is said and done, window treatments frequently become the focal point of a room. Using this focal point to complement additional style elements in that space is fundamental to a cohesive design that highlights an overall style theme. Are you or your client someone who considers window treatments an afterthought? Does designing with functional and fashionable features rank highly on your priority list? If so, you’re on the right track to creating a warm, inviting, and on trend living space, and window treatments are the place to start.
Too many home décor specialists focus on designing for window coverings at the tail end of their project. That strategy must stop now. It’s about time that we give windows the royal treatment they deserve. Let’s take back the creativity and limitless options of window treatments and let them shine in all of their glory. Let’s innovate to give window treatments the recognition that they warrant with the following window covering trends:
- Be bold and go for that spectacular hung curtain! Curtains can be tricky when it comes to choosing fabrics, colors, and patterns. Since there are so many options, many homeowners and Interior Designers shy away from installing this type of window treatment. Start with a moderate base color and add features such as patterned trims and eye-catching headings (where the top of the curtain attaches to the rod). In doing so, you’ll be able to incorporate the overall aesthetic of the room while keeping your beautiful curtains as the focal point.
- Impress your houseguests or clients by installing a stunning retractable screen! With a modern and functional style, retractable screens offer a wide variety of benefits. Designed for sun, UV, glare, heat, wind, and rain protection, the right retractable drop-down vertical awning is perfect for large patio windows and other outdoor facing areas. With the ability to control natural light, retractable screens save hundreds of dollars in utility bills. Finally, retractable screens also have the ability to disappear when you don’t need them, making them the ultimate versatile window treatment option.
- Consider shutters, if you can afford it. Unfortunately, shutters are often the most expensive option of window treatments. But where they lack in cost-effectiveness, they make up for in curb appeal and simplicity. Plantation shutters look great and will match your home if white décor is prevalent. However, be sure to consider the amount of light that they block out and plan accordingly. Also, think about the lack of novelty when it comes to shutters, as they are rather common window treatments.
- Roll out the flat front Roman shades! Utilize the elegant look of Roman shades that cascade down your windows, giving them a unique and timeless style. While they have been around for ages, Roman shades offers a home a certain aesthetic that will endure the test of time. Avoiding a super trendy window treatment is a great way to extend the life of your investment.
- Forget interior window treatments all together and go for a practical, stylish exterior retractable window awning! Interior blinds lack the ability to fully block heat and protect your windows from weather elements. A window awning can offer a home a heat barrier that keeps the home’s temperature cool and reduces your utility bill. With the options to customize colors and fabrics, retractable window awnings become just the cosmetic upgrade you or your client’s home needs.
So, there you have it – innovative ways to give your windows the royal treatment! With all of these possibilities, be sure to keep in mind that “standard window sizes” are actually a myth within the industry. There is no such thing as a standard size and window coverings must be planned and purchased accordingly. No matter how you are planning to improve a home’s décor, interior and exterior window treatments are the right place to start. In fact, it is important to note that exterior retractable awnings and retractable screens are far superior to any interior products such as shutters, curtains, blinds, etc. Industry research points out that the exterior retractable awning or retractable screen prevents the sun and heat from hitting and penetrating the window glass. As a result, the home or commercial building is not exposed to the heat or sun. This factor is critical in determining the right window treatment.
Are you or your clients interested in a retractable screen or retractable window awning to take your aesthetic to new heights? Contact our retractable awnings experts in the USA or Canada toll free at 866-438-2964 or outside the USA or Canada at (305) 628-2424 or use the live help chat tool for more information on new styles for your windows!