We have a database of quality installers for our customersFind out more
10 Innovative Tech Tricks for Your HomeBack to All Posts
From the United States to Japan to Germany, and in countless countries in between, homeowners are quickly learning the value that technology can bring to their residences. Smart homes refer to those houses where certain appliances and other devices are interconnected in order to achieve optimal efficiency in today’s age of modern technology. Expert predictions cite that the smart home market will reach over $40 billion globally by 2020, marking a massive shift in the way homeowners utilize technology within their homes. The truth of the matter is that everyone likes convenience and, more importantly, the ability to save time, money and energy. Integrating smart equipment into your home means seeking the right devices that achieve your personal objectives.
Smart Devices for Smart Homeowners
As technology continually advances, it can become rather tricky to determine which gadgets will work well for your home and your lifestyle. From minimizing human effort to saving space to increasing home security, those who are able to correctly capitalize on tech trends will be happily relaxing on the couch as their smart home does all of the work for them. Whether it’s a must-have new device or a groundbreaking new app, take advantage of state-of-the-art technology in your home with these innovative tech tricks:
- Surveillance Cameras: features like easy installation, wireless capability, and weatherproof design make security cameras a must-have this year.
- Smart Thermostats: companies like Nest have truly changed the thermostat game with smartphone connection, sensors that change the temperature when no one is home, and cooling/heating schedules to minimize energy and maximize convenience.
- Solar-Powered Lighting: LED path lights are powered with solar energy and therefore require no electricity or wiring to work, saving you money and illuminating your outdoor space.
- Smart Speakers: from Google Home to Amazon Echo, these devices will play your music, answer your questions, make phone calls, send/receive text messages, and keep you entertained all day long. Plus, your smartphone will connect your devices through the speakers and make integration easier than ever before.
- Robot Vacuums: put away your mops, vacuums, and Swiffers, robot vacuums have transformed the way people are cleaning their homes. With the ability to track performance while mopping and vacuuming, robot vacuums do it all…and even return to their charging bases when the job is done.
- Retractable Awnings: make your patio the talk of the town with retractable awnings that are controlled with the touch of a button through wireless technology. Sensors retract or extend your awning as the climate changes, schedules can be adjusted to your specific needs, and all can be modified on your smartphone. There’s nothing quite like the ability to control glare and sunlight with your fingertips and there’s nothing quite like a motorized awning.
- Smart Bathtubs: yes, you read that correctly. Simply plug in your smartphone and enjoy music wirelessly via Bluetooth where the music waves move through the water to create an unforgettable experience. Rubber duckies not included.
- Smart Locks: security is important for everyone. Mount a smart lock over your existing deadbolt switch and you’re automatically connected. Using your smartphone you can now let in guests and keep your home safe from intruders.
- Motion Sensor Trash Cans: the ability to open your garbage bin without using your hands will minimize germs and maximize efficiency in the kitchen. With a quick wave of your hand or foot, the lid will lift without the need for any touching.
- Smart Coffeemakers: everyone knows how difficult it is to function before that first cup of coffee. With a Wi-Fi enabled coffee machine, you can start your brew from bed with your smartphone app and schedule your coffee making to your exact needs.
With all of the new trends and developments in cutting-edge technology, it can be easy to feel left behind. Sure,some gadgets may be unnecessary for some, but with each advancement in technology comes more and more convenience and efficiency. Many of the most common everyday problems are now being met with tech-based solutions. Last year alone saw approximately 80 million smart home device deliveries across the globe. In order to keep up, become a savvy homeowner and a forward-thinking consumer with your finger on the pulse of technology changes.
Add a Motorized Awning to Your Holiday List
Making changes to the inside of your home is important, but when is the last time you upgraded your outdoor space? The patio area provides the perfect opportunity to add some technology and beauty to your home. Contact our motorized awnings experts in the USA or Canada toll free at 866-438-2964 or outside the USA or Canada at (305) 628-2424 or use the live help chat tool for help determining the right motorized awning for your home today!