We have a database of quality installers for our customersFind out more
How To Use Door Awnings for Major Business WinsBack to All Posts
Commercial awnings are often thought of solely in the restaurant space. With their ability to grab the attention of walk-in customers, commercial awnings are a critical element of any restaurant’s natural curb appeal. But what about businesses in different industries? What can savvy business owners do to attract new business and make their storefront look appealing for potential new customers? Door awnings, often called door awning canopies or lateral arm door awnings, present an incredible opportunity for business owners across any industry to attract walk-ins, leave a lasting impression on current customers, and serve as a vehicle for consistent new business. While door awnings are commonly discussed in regards to their curb appeal, the functional benefits of door awnings must be recognized as well.
Strategic Uses of Business Awnings
The idea of using outdoor awnings to benefit a business is not a new concept. In fact, business owners of all varieties have been using canopies to their advantage for hundreds of years. Dating back to ancient Egypt and Syria, people saw the value in using a door awning to shade their homes and market stalls. Fast-forward to today, where retailers across the globe are using door awnings to transform the way they do business. Take a look at the following ways that shrewd entrepreneurs use door awnings for major business wins:
- Curb Appeal: as we stated previously, it goes without saying that a door awning can quickly make your storefront stand out amongst competitors and draw in walk-in customers. While attracting new business is important, door canopies also lay the foundation for awesome branding of your company’s logo and colors. Brand experts highlight the importance of introducing an audience to your brand as quickly and consistently as possible – door awnings create a way to do this effectively and flawlessly.
- More Space: door awnings for your business make more room for your company to utilize for things like extra advertising, display of new products, or even just creating a shelter for your patrons. Are you running a special promotion? Set up a table under your door awning and watch as customers flock to see what’s happening under your canopy. These outdoor opportunities present themselves frequently in the commercial space and a canopy is an efficient way to gain both space and exposure.
- Keep It Cool: protecting your commercial space from the weather elements is not only a benefit to patrons, but it will also reduce your energy use, and in turn your utility bills, significantly. With the ability to block sunlight from entering your business, door awnings are a great way to keep your store’s interior cool while making sure the store’s exterior is protected. Your customers will appreciate having coverage from rain, snow, really hot temperatures and even interior UV and glare control. The right canopy will save your customers and your bottom line.
- Brighten Up Your Storefront: with a little bit of lighting on your store’s door awning, you’ll be able to show off your business when the sun goes down. Far too many companies miss out on walk-in traffic at night. With a well-lit door canopy, new business is likely to come in and your current customers will have no trouble finding your store.
- Clean and Tidy: a snowy or rainy day will often leave the entrance of your store muddy, wet, and unappealing. No matter what industry your business is in, having a clean space is imperative for keeping happy customers. From winter to summer, utilizing door awnings to keep your business fresh and tidy is a year round benefit. For those of you in colder climates, check out this amazing patio cover option equipped to handle snow load.
When it comes to improving your company, even the smallest of advantages can make a big difference in the long run. Standing out amongst your competition is essential to keeping new clients coming in and making sure that current clients are eager to make repeat purchases. When choosing the right awning for your commercial property, consider the two different frame styles and what makes the most sense for your business. Door awning canopies are ideal for storefronts with limited installation space, as they are smaller and manual. Door awning canopies also provide wonderful rain and shade protection. On the other hand, lateral arm door awnings are ideal for storefronts with larger outdoor areas, motorization needs, and sun and light rain protection. The shading from lateral arm door awnings will provide a massive covered area in front of your commercial space.
Commercial Door Awnings
From clothing shops to real estate agencies and from computer stores to nail salons, door awnings are a powerful tool to keep business thriving with new and returning customers. Contact our door awnings experts in the USA or Canada toll free at 866-438-2964 or outside the USA or Canada at (305) 628-2424 or use the live help chat tool for helping determining the right door awnings for your business today!